SOS, BATs, UOO, NPE, NCUEA, CELT, NEA BAT Caucus, The Opt Out Florida Network, AFT, NEA, & WTU are working with numerous organizations to build a broad coalition of like-minded people – from all walks of life and with diverse causes – to speak and march in solidarity once more. We envision bold actions and expressions of resistance for children and adults alike, which foster awareness and camaraderie in the movement.
We stand and march for:
- Full, equitable funding for all public schools
- Safe, racially just schools and communities
- Community leadership in public school policies
- Professional, diverse educators for all students
- Child-centered, culturally appropriate curriculum for all
- No high-stakes standardized testing
July 8th ~ Rally & March at the Lincoln Memorial
- 10:30 a.m. – Pre-rally festivities on the big stage and in the crowd
- 12:00 p.m. – Rally
- 2:30 p.m. – March to The White House & Lafayette Park
Speakers and performers include:
Diane Ravitch, Jonathan Kozol, Rev. William J. Barber II, Jamaal Bowman, Denisha Jones, Ruth Rodriguez, Bishop John Selders, Youth Dreamers, Jesse Hagopian, Gus Morales, Brett Bigham, United Opt Out, Julian Vasquez Heilig, Yohuru Williams, Lisa Rudley, Jitu Brown, Dyett Hunger Strikers, Tanaisa Brown, Barbara Madeloni, Sam Anderson, Mike Klonsky, Michelle Gunderson, Jeremy Dudley, Barry Lane, Family von BATs, The BAT Band, Terry Moore, DC Labor Chorus…and more!