Truly grassroots efforts like ours are the result of committed volunteers, working from our homes and classrooms across the country, devoting our time and energy to a good cause. In order to grow, we need your help now!
We appreciate your interest in stepping up for public education. There are many ways to get involved with this effort!
Participate in online actions:
- See some creative ways others are supporting their public schools.
- Join a community of people who have endorsed the Declaration of Professional Conscience for Teachers, and encourage your school community to participate in a national conversation with other Schools of Professional Conscience.
- Join the Facebook group: Campaign to Withdraw from Assessment Consortia (CWAC). Urge your state to withdraw from the PARCC and SBAC national tests. Invest instead in smaller classes, wrap around services, equitable school funding, and neighborhood schools.
- Participate in Lace to the Top as a way to engage people in conversations about meaningful education.
Participate in on-the-ground actions:
Give your financial support:
Connect & join the march!
- Subscribe to our mailing list for updates on when and where we’re marching and speaking out
- Follow us and our many allies on Facebook and Twitter
- Join our cause
- Add an SOS March Twibbon to your Twitter and/or Facebook profile picture
- Discuss the realities and truths about high-stakes testing and corporate reform with PTOs and other members in your community
- Host a movie showing on one of the films in the SOS Library
- Write letters to the editor of your local newspaper on topics that impact public schools
- Run for political office